Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Virtual Fly Swap Anyone???  (Read 6508 times)

MikeA

• Administrator
Virtual Fly Swap Anyone???
« on: September 09, 2016, 01:09:03 PM »
Guys in an effort to get the forum moving again and earn its members interest back, I’d like to do a Caney Fork themed virtual fly swap.
How it works.

•   Each tier submits an image and recipe of a fly that would be of use on a TN Tailwater (preferably Caney Fork)
•   No commercially tied flies allowed. They can be any pattern or a variation of any pattern, they just have to be tied by you.
•   The entry will be open for three weeks
•   Once all participants are in, there will be two weeks to post your submission on the thread.
•   A poll where all members can vote on whose fly should be the winner will be held  for three weeks
•   The winner of that poll will get all the flies in the contest.

Sound interesting??? If so spread the word and let’s get this one started. This should be pretty fun.

Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
Re: Virtual Fly Swap Anyone???
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 03:42:56 PM »
You know I am in!!
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Looper Flies

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 06:40:40 AM »
I'm in
Fish on!

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 07:59:57 AM »
That's three. Damn, I miss the buzz we used to have around here. Has everyone just quit fishing?
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

Nate L

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2016, 10:23:24 AM »
I'm interested.

icthus

• FishHead
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2016, 03:57:47 PM »
great idea,

I am sure thumper or howard could post some of my flies since they used them all the time.  Hey pal….do have one of those flies,  hey pal--hook me up… Come on Pal wrap me a couple of those for the weekend trip.  Come to think of it, kind of like Craig S. fishing with Mike A. back in the day. 

As for this fly swap,,, I am out, but if anyone wants to send me LA flies to fish the end of this month I can do that.

-Pal
"You see the fish, make the cast. Tic, tic, hit him, no not a trout set!!!!!! What are you doing?"

Looper Flies

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2016, 10:22:13 PM »
great idea,

I am sure thumper or howard could post some of my flies since they used them all the time.  Hey pal….do have one of those flies,  hey pal--hook me up… Come on Pal wrap me a couple of those for the weekend trip.  Come to think of it, kind of like Craig S. fishing with Mike A. back in the day. 

As for this fly swap,,, I am out, but if anyone wants to send me LA flies to fish the end of this month I can do that.

-Pal

I've got a rootbeer/pearl minnow that murders the reds.  Interested?
Fish on!

David L. Darnell

• FishHead
  • Insane Trout Bum
    • my site
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2016, 06:58:00 AM »
In

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2016, 08:47:03 AM »
great idea,

-Pal

You have a pic of one? Would love to see it.

I've got a rootbeer/pearl minnow that murders the reds.  Interested?
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2016, 11:35:11 PM »
So not as many as the old days but this will do.
What style fly shall we tie?  I've been playing with salmon flies lately. Other than that I think musky flies are pretty hot this month. Suggestions? 

grumpy

• Global Moderator
    • ctflyfishingforum
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2016, 06:54:47 AM »
I'm finally able to see my desk, i'll tie something if it's still open.

Yoda

• Yoda
  • FishHead
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2016, 07:40:24 AM »
I'm in!
"Fish, or fish not...There is no Golf..."~Yda~

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2016, 09:38:57 AM »
Sweeet two more tiers.

grumpy

• Global Moderator
    • ctflyfishingforum
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2016, 10:09:34 PM »
Trout or Musky ???

Looper Flies

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2016, 01:10:13 PM »
Whats the word?
Fish on!