Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: thoughts on this boat  (Read 3444 times)

Bfish

• FishHead
thoughts on this boat
« on: March 12, 2017, 02:16:52 PM »
Just curious on others thoughts on this boat, for mostly solo fishing.  Motor up and drift back to ramp.  Maybe a couple trips a year to muskie waters (which I know nothing about, although I have kayaked the upstream whitewater and fished the downstream reservoir). Mostly using on a local warm water tailwater river here and then also to fish some tailwater trout (again mostly solo). 

http://www.stealthcraftboats.com/?page_id=690

I also have access to my brother's Carolina Skiff J16 and he has a 15'4" Gheenoe that I could use (he plans on selling the Gheenoe).  I also have 10' outcast pontoon for tailwater trout and 17' V-hull Alumacraft (25 hp tiller) for larger waters, and access to my father's Carolina Skiff (21') for most of the summer. I also have kayaks and canoes. 

Just trying to figure, if the stealth craft would fit a "need" in my boat lineup, i.e. a quick to get ready, go upstream, and drift down solo river fisher. 

gaspergou

• Global Moderator
Re: thoughts on this boat
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 04:03:34 PM »
By all accounts they make a nice boat -- but if you're trying to use one solo, you might consider a model you can put a larger outboard on. With a max 4hp, it's going to take forever to run up most reaches you're suggesting, and forget trying to run against generation on tailwaters. Maybe look for a little flat-bottom jon that you could throw the 25 on? 

As for muskie waters, a couple weekends ago, I hit three different public boat ramps without finding a space to park. Crazy! Almost like it's getting Caney-ized...  :(

Quote from: Bfish link=topic=9http://www.microskiff.com/find-new/posts129.msg60653#msg60653 date=1489346212
Just curious on others thoughts on this boat, for mostly solo fishing.  Motor up and drift back to ramp.  Maybe a couple trips a year to muskie waters (which I know nothing about, although I have kayaked the upstream whitewater and fished the downstream reservoir). Mostly using on a local warm water tailwater river here and then also to fish some tailwater trout (again mostly solo). 

http://www.stealthcraftboats.com/?page_id=690

I also have access to my brother's Carolina Skiff J16 and he has a 15'4" Gheenoe that I could use (he plans on selling the Gheenoe).  I also have 10' outcast pontoon for tailwater trout and 17' V-hull Alumacraft (25 hp tiller) for larger waters, and access to my father's Carolina Skiff (21') for most of the summer. I also have kayaks and canoes. 

Just trying to figure, if the stealth craft would fit a "need" in my boat lineup, i.e. a quick to get ready, go upstream, and drift down solo river fisher.

Bfish

• FishHead
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 08:19:08 PM »
pm sent on local runs

Bfish

• FishHead
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 11:03:34 PM »
….With a max 4hp, it's going to take forever to run up most reaches you're suggesting….

6-8 mph when solo (with me at 230 lb)….from stealthcraft.

David L. Darnell

• FishHead
  • Insane Trout Bum
    • my site
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2017, 12:19:39 AM »
I have a neighbor, has a 14 if I remember correctly with an 8hp 4 stroke, pushes him and another guy up the river fine