Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: old school Hi-Fi stuff  (Read 1804 times)

jladdsmith

old school Hi-Fi stuff
« on: September 22, 2017, 10:59:59 PM »
Just throwing this out there... 

Didn't really fit the TFTN for sale section.  I'm not an audiophile, but some of you may appreciate this find. 

I have several high end audio equipment components for sale.  Most new, old stock.  My Dad bought a foreclosure owned by a genius who had gone a full bubble off plumb.  Contents of the house went with the sale. 

Proton D1200 stereo amps, new old stock.  Three of these for sale.  Check out their youtube amp dyno reviews.
Proton A-1150 stereo amp. - supposedly the lowest distortion of any amp ever. 
Proton preamps

Counterpoint SA-5.1  Preamp.  New in box- never assembled.  All of the original tubes and paperwork still inside the chassis.  Hybrid power supply separate.  Pristine. 
Counterpoint SA-5.1 Preamp new in box.  Same thing- Handmade in California, all of that.  The power supply alone is, well someone will appreciate it.  Same as the other one but for some reason has different switches.
Counterpoint SA-3 -same thing but a mouse peed on it a little when it was in my storage unit.   This is the preamp that the guy had upstream of the Genesis $50k speakers.   

If you know anyone who would be interested in this, I'd rather pay you a commission than eBay.

Bfish

• FishHead
Re: old school Hi-Fi stuff
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 06:50:37 PM »
Well I know a guy…..
He is into buying at auctions and reselling on Ebay for profit.  Audio equipment (along with tools and motorcycle parts) tend to be his speciality. Not sure how motivated you are to sell, but I am sure he could get it sold for a profit (whether or not it is enough for both you is beyond me).  Also he is in eastern PA.  If you need contact info, just pm me.  If not, no big deal.

jladdsmith

Re: old school Hi-Fi stuff
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 07:26:37 PM »
Thanks, BFish.  I'll keep that in mind, but I have a guy who's going to put it all up on eBay for me.  Was just thinking that this being a Mid-TN based board that there may be someone on here that might want some of this stuff. 

I already sold the most valuable thing out of the house.  1993 SVT Cobra with 34 original miles.  A "wrapper car" meaning everything was still wrapped in plastic- never registered.  We didn't even know it was in there when my Dad bought the house.  I was in talks with Dennis from the Gas Monkey Garage TV show and he gave me a low offer and gave me a range of "If you can get x for it, sell it."  Sold it to the first guy with a trailer and cash for what we needed out of it and then get a call back from a friend of Dennis' shitting bricks wanting the car.  Come to find out, the buyer had already flipped it for a very nice profit.  Should have held onto it.  Now I'm dealing with these audio components.  Just watched an auction end on eBay for an amp, and looking at the history of sales, I should be fine even consigning them with my eBay guy.  I'm really interested to see what these Counterpoint preamps do.