Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Rio InTouch integrated sinking lines.  (Read 1988 times)

MikeA

• Administrator
Rio InTouch integrated sinking lines.
« on: April 04, 2018, 10:51:15 AM »

I've had a few years to put these lines through the paces so here's my opinion FWIW.
Best cold weather line I've ever, ever, used. If the temps are below 70 I prefer this line to anything I have. It lays flat, it's slick, it's supple, it's just perfect. Can't say enough good about it honestly.

When it warms up a little things start to decline somewhat, but it's only a slight annoyance. To me the line starts to get a little sticky. The hotter it gets the more sticky it gets. Now I don't mean that it feels sticky in the hand, it doesn't. What happens is the line starts to stick to itself. So when you pile up the line on the boat floor it's more prone to tangle itself up. This "stickiness" also makes it harder to get the tangles out. Much more so. DO NOT get frustrated and pull the tangle tight. This could cause you to spend alot more time picking a knot out.... I know this to be a fact.  8)

That’s it. I love these lines pure and simple. IMO there has never been a line that was perfect for warm and cold weather. I used to switch to Streamer express in the summer before I got into mono running lines and heads. Those Streamer express over the years started having quality issues (could be rectified now??) and  were bad about cracking and separating very prematurely. Another reason I switched to mono. If you’re on the fence for a great integrated sinking line, I think you’ll really like these from Rio.

I’d also like to give Rio a shout out for their Pike/Musky intermediate line. Hands down the most bad ass intermediate line I’ve ever owned! I don’t ever expect an Intermediate line to last more than a season. They just haven’t ever held up to the hell of boat fishing rivers laden with log jams and current and hang ups. This one is different somehow. Not sure what they did to the make up on these lines but they are tougher than the fish they are intended to target. If you have a use for an intermediate line and don’t require it to be clear, this one is a no brainer. Super bad ass fly line and turns over those wet cats like butter. Try one out and if you like the way it feels buy it, knowing it’s gonna last a long time.
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

Phil Landry

• arkansas trout bum
Re: Rio InTouch integrated sinking lines.
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 04:49:24 PM »
Couldn't agree more.  That's a very good assessment.  I've also used these lines in the salt with no issues.  Line memory can be a factor sometimes, but it's workable.  I always have multiples of the 150, 200, 250 and 300 grain 24 footers.