Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Little Buffalo in Laurel Hill  (Read 1700 times)

oldmanelrod

Little Buffalo in Laurel Hill
« on: June 09, 2020, 11:23:02 AM »
I hit the Little Buffalo in Laurel Hill two weeks ago and caught a few on 1/32oz, bubble gum colored, Beatle Spin minus the spin. Started fishing Late afternoon in gentle rain. Water very clear. Only saw 1 other person but then I was away from the road. Although I did not see any the place looks like it is very snaky.

David L. Darnell

• FishHead
  • Insane Trout Bum
    • my site
Re: Little Buffalo in Laurel Hill
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2020, 09:05:04 PM »
I fished it a couple times in 1999, good thing I'm not afraid of snakes, I have pictures of small bushes that would have 3 snakes in it, most snake infested place I ever been.

oldmanelrod

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 11:27:28 AM »
I fished it a couple times in 1999, good thing I'm not afraid of snakes, I have pictures of small bushes that would have 3 snakes in it, most snake infested place I ever been.
It sure looked that way. Is the water down enough to fish the Elk now? Looked like it was coming down yesterday.

David L. Darnell

• FishHead
  • Insane Trout Bum
    • my site
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2020, 12:28:28 PM »
spill is off, 240 coming out of the powerhouse, it's ready and waiting on the bubba hatch to start

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2020, 10:51:21 AM »
Haven't been down there in a few years. Last time I went, only caught one trout and a couple of small smallmouths. Beautiful place but plenty of snakes for sure.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

oldmanelrod

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2020, 03:06:05 PM »
spill is off, 240 coming out of the powerhouse, it's ready and waiting on the bubba hatch to start
Looked like it was coming down at Elkton yesterday. Thanks for info.

oldmanelrod

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2020, 03:07:25 PM »
Haven't been down there in a few years. Last time I went, only caught one trout and a couple of small smallmouths. Beautiful place but plenty of snakes for sure.
That is the truth to both things.