Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Blanked again.  (Read 1331 times)

MikeA

• Administrator
Blanked again.
« on: February 08, 2021, 10:28:58 AM »
Thinking I could possibly repeat a successful trip from last weekend I set off with a buddy from work to said location. It wasn't to be. We only made 800,000 casts so we were close, I guess. Not a follow or any sign that these fish even exist. That's Musky Fishing! Hope you guys are getting to fish some.
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

icthus

• FishHead
Re: Blanked again.
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2021, 09:48:31 AM »
Sounds like our adventures back in the day.  Hey Pal, its 38 degrees with snow on the way and rain all day.  Lets go cast flies.

How did the wife ever stay with me?
Pal
"You see the fish, make the cast. Tic, tic, hit him, no not a trout set!!!!!! What are you doing?"

grumpy

• Global Moderator
    • ctflyfishingforum
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2021, 05:54:30 PM »
38, the day i went with him, it started at 29 & dropped :o

Dub

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2021, 09:16:30 AM »
38* Man, you boys want to go bad. I would at least wait until it warms up to 39* or so. LOL.... Its good to get out early and get in the groove.

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2021, 11:57:29 AM »
You only get one go on this marble boys. Don't waste any time. I may try it this weekend if the roads aren't iced.
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956