Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: stone crab  (Read 804 times)

icthus

• FishHead
stone crab
« on: October 24, 2021, 01:43:17 PM »
If you have never had fresh stone crab you are missing out.  We set out 13 traps 8 days ago, pulled them yesterday and ended up with over 2.5 gallons of claws 10-12lbs.  If you make it down this way, Stone Crab Season will go through the end of April.  If you buy them in the market they are 27.99 a pound.  We have been fishing them for 4 years so our traps are now paid off.  $40 a trap plus line and buoy.  A box of pigs feet is $50 and that will last a month.  The chance to be out on the water  harvest something from the ocean, and eat good is living.  Its starting to get good.  Reds and snook are feeding, kings and macks are showing up and grouper are 12-15 miles out.

Its a Red Ripping Time,
Pal
"You see the fish, make the cast. Tic, tic, hit him, no not a trout set!!!!!! What are you doing?"

MikeA

• Administrator
Re: stone crab
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2021, 09:24:56 AM »
Speaking of red ripping. Bucks are about to be in full rut too. Decisions decisions decisions.
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

Skunkedagain

• Lodgers
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2021, 11:07:52 PM »
I used to do good with stone crab down by stonewall but I think some dudes from canoonooe the cananey started checking my traps. That river has really gone to pot!
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2021, 08:51:06 AM »
Dude, those were yours? Sorry Pal, I was hungry and I had no Hobo dinner.
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

Skunkedagain

• Lodgers
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2021, 06:58:56 PM »
That wasn’t Pal that took the heater out the shower room over on the White either. You’re suspect. Man.....the company I keep.........
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

TWiles

• DDS
  • FishHead
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2021, 04:46:15 PM »
Pal is good at sticking his meat in traps and catching crabs…. ;D

What a shady character! haha

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2021, 09:57:39 AM »
That wasn’t Pal that took the heater out the shower room over on the White either. You’re suspect. Man.....the company I keep.........
Y'all could have come over to our place. We had pot roast and a heated shitter. Let's Go Brandon!

icthus

• FishHead
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2021, 10:43:30 AM »
Lol---

You going to eat that Pal, no,  well pass it on over.

-Pal
"You see the fish, make the cast. Tic, tic, hit him, no not a trout set!!!!!! What are you doing?"