Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: a few eaters  (Read 1219 times)

Bfish

• FishHead
a few eaters
« on: December 18, 2021, 08:18:49 PM »
Got these on Friday, biggest one is 11 inches:

jladdsmith

Re: a few eaters
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2021, 08:48:47 PM »
Nice! 

fairweatherfish

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2021, 06:37:55 PM »
That’s a good catch there!!

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2021, 10:11:27 AM »
Nice and tasty too.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Skunkedagain

• Lodgers
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2021, 10:42:11 AM »
I remember eatin something kinda like those for days out there on the Caney. See me and Clem’s boat flipped and we got wershed up on da bank. Clem twisted his leg real bad and we had to hunker down for a spell. We tried to climb up the bank a mite to send a smoke signal but it was slick! Well we were sure tired of eatin them things when the search party showed up. Come to find out we were 100 yds from the rest area! I toad Clem I could hear dem cars but he didn’t fetch for it. That was back in the day when the boats were made of wood and the men made of steel.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

MidgeMan

• ReverbNation
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2021, 01:00:49 PM »
I remember eatin something kinda like those for days out there on the Caney. See me and Clem’s boat flip and we got wershed up on da bank. Clem twisted his leg real bad and we had to hunker down for a spell. We tried to climb up the bank a mite to get send a smoke signal but it was slick! Well were sure tired eatin them things when the search party showed up. Come to find out we were 100 yds from the rest area! I toad Clem I could hear dem cars but he didn’t fetch for it. That was back in the day when the boats were made of wood and the men made of steel.
Those look awesome BFish, love some good perch. Hey Skunkedagain...I remember hearing you and Clem that day, good grief what a ruckus. I told him not to step in that ho otherwise he would wretch his leg like you did that other time  :'( . Sounds like y'all were too far out in the jet stream to begin with. At least y'all caught 87 with 5 to hand that day! You're pretty deadly with that Tenkara
Begin with the end in mind...

Skunkedagain

• Lodgers
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2021, 01:25:52 PM »
Yeah but that day I done lost my rod so I just whittled up a stick and gigged them rascals. Im gettin me one of them satellite phones they sell at Wal Marts. And a whistle……..

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2021, 08:55:09 AM »
I found a good place to get some of those finally. Just have to ignore the warning about nuclear waste don't eat the fish and whatnot.
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2021, 08:57:58 AM »
The Caney was a rough and rugged place back in the days before the kayak companies began the scorched river campaign. You could go days without seeing a soul. Now you can't go an hour without seeing an an ahole. I make a good living there now selling cow sighting tours.
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

Skunkedagain

• Lodgers
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2021, 02:27:16 PM »
Clem rode one them cows oncet. He roped it with some kayak rope and climbed on, tode me he could ride anything that wore hair. That was around Lancaster……I picked him up at Carthage the next day! Durn fool…….