Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: water in fuel  (Read 326 times)

icthus

• FishHead
water in fuel
« on: September 01, 2022, 03:54:24 PM »
Went fishing the other night, made a 20 minute ride to a flat that has been holding some larger reds.  Headed back, and made it under the bridge and the new engine starts sputtering, like it was running out of gas.  I called my dad, (he is the one that set the gas gage) said all was good, must have been a bad wire, maybe thats why your showing half a tank instead of empty.  Does not make sense to me, but he is Pops and knows about everything so I let it go.  By this time, when I squeeze the bulb the boat takes off.  So I hammer down, run 4400 rmp--- 6.8 mpg, back to the ramp in less then 10 minutes.  Back to idol and a idiot alarm comes on.  Get the boat on the trailer make it home, rinse everything and start youtubing what it could be.  Water in the fuel, I only run non ethanol gas since I got the boat, but a gas station around us I heard was having a problem keeping gas from getting water.  Long story short, pumped out 10 gallons of water soaked gas out of the tank.  Every gallon I would check it, and there was 2"s of water sitting below the gas.  I put seafoam in the tank, when I get home from this trip I will fill it back up and get after it.

Hope all is well in TN,
Pal
"You see the fish, make the cast. Tic, tic, hit him, no not a trout set!!!!!! What are you doing?"

MikeA

• Administrator
Re: water in fuel
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2022, 06:03:13 PM »
Wonder why the alarm went off. Is it a 4 stroke? That could be game over for some of the big 2 strokes.
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2022, 11:52:39 AM »
Dang, that is not good! Glad you made it in and figured out the issue.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2022, 12:35:11 PM »
Be sure to empty the water fuel separator... 
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

icthus

• FishHead
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2022, 08:41:54 PM »
The 2021 vmax has a alarm on the filter.  I bought a new fuel water separator that I drain periodically without taking off.  Next endeavor is to buy a new polling platform. The one I had fabricated turned out like junk.   Dude was not good to work with, time to move on.

Cheers to Labor Day,
Pal
"You see the fish, make the cast. Tic, tic, hit him, no not a trout set!!!!!! What are you doing?"