Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: toccoa 1-24-09  (Read 2159 times)

Eastwood

toccoa 1-24-09
« on: January 24, 2009, 07:02:23 PM »
i know this isnt really east tennessee but its about 5 minutes away. i was told the toccoa wasn't fishing good at all but decided to go anways. solid 22" female

photo cred goes to good bud jesse filingo
never break two laws at once

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
Re: toccoa 1-24-09
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 07:12:04 PM »
Very nice!! That is a thick fish!
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Eastwood

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 08:21:28 PM »
yeah thanks. she worked me pretty good

ALflygirl

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 11:54:44 AM »
Very nice! I love the Toccoa! Where were you on the river, if you don't mind me asking.

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2009, 03:51:49 PM »
I love when fishermen tell me a place isn't any good or there aint no big fish in there...  ;)
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

TWiles

• DDS
  • FishHead
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2009, 04:04:35 PM »
i was told the toccoa wasn't fishing good at all

Whoever told you that was probably frustrated by the limited access.  I fished the Toccoa several times when I lived in Chattanooga, and caught many more trout over 18" there than the Hiwassee.  It's a great river, but if my college roommate's family didn't own a cabin on the river...I would have never seen how good it really fishes.  It fished more like a mountain stream than a tailwater.

Nice Bow.  :)

BTW, Tis the season for the biggest bows on tiny flies... ;)

Travis

Eastwood

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2009, 08:22:10 PM »
Very nice! I love the Toccoa! Where were you on the river, if you don't mind me asking.
thanks and it was past horseshoe somewhere

Eastwood

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2009, 08:27:40 PM »
i was told the toccoa wasn't fishing good at all

Whoever told you that was probably frustrated by the limited access.  I fished the Toccoa several times when I lived in Chattanooga, and caught many more trout over 18" there than the Hiwassee.  It's a great river, but if my college roommate's family didn't own a cabin on the river...I would have never seen how good it really fishes.  It fished more like a mountain stream than a tailwater.

Nice Bow.  :)

BTW, Tis the season for the biggest bows on tiny flies... ;)

Travis

ya im at college in chattanooga right now and the toccoa has definitly turned into my new favorite trout stream around..and thats saying alot after growing up on the caney. even though i do love the caney and its big fish, the crowds suck, and i didnt see a person for the three days i was at the toccoa...some of the runs there are just sweet.