Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Thread art  (Read 1811 times)

MikeA

• Administrator
Thread art
« on: February 06, 2007, 09:49:10 AM »
Anyone have a good website, tutorial, advice, or book, on thread art? I've been using a clove hitch and a just a touch of super glue for some two wrap metallic thread trim bands but I would love to learn some more advanced techniques. I don’t care about weaving patterns or anything like that just learning some new ways to improve on my decretive thread work.
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

dleo6446

Re: Thread art
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 05:39:59 PM »
Mike, here is a very helpful site that will get you the answers you are looking for... I learned a few Tricks from these guys and continue to do so.

www.rodbuilding.org

I am not much into the thread art thing but I do some single wraps on occasion that enhance the aesthetics.  Not real hard to do, jsut be careful on thread color selections.