Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Da Wildflower  (Read 1336 times)

icthus

• FishHead
Da Wildflower
« on: October 02, 2011, 07:47:53 PM »
I had the chance to get back up to the Wildflower after I kicked Pal in the neck for not wanting to fish this river sooner.  After a long deliberation with, Pal, he agreed to let me show this pearl to trustworthy pal.  So Fred and I made the trip east without trouble and pulled up to the crystal clear Wildflower.  She was lower this time, but still as beautiful as I remembered.  The wildflower is a lot like a Ginger, you love them when they love you and want to curse them when their temper when they turn cold.  The first couple hours were a fish here fish there, and then from 11:00-3:00 the river reminded of why I think of her of a ginger.  She was playful and full of life.  Didnt stick any toads but managed to catch around 20-25 over 8 hours.  I had a great time fishing with Fred and learning what that master knows about smallies.  Fred, thanks for driving and look forward to doing it again.

Pal

"You see the fish, make the cast. Tic, tic, hit him, no not a trout set!!!!!! What are you doing?"

toddro

• FishHead
Re: Da Wildflower
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 09:37:15 PM »
I like the way this place sounds...
"A passion for steelhead is a hard ride. It is all consuming. God help the woman, man, or child who hopes to compete for some small claim to the passion in the angler so stricken." Bill McMillan, Foreword- A Passion for Steelhead

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
Re: Da Wildflower
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 12:29:56 PM »
Sounds like a lot of fun and a cool place.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum