Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Tobacco Glass  (Read 2593 times)

dbradyh

• FishHead
  • bhaston
Tobacco Glass
« on: April 01, 2012, 08:45:54 AM »
Made it out with a friend to hit one of the Spring Creeks west of town and finally got to try out my Phillipson T80 Power Kast fiberglass rod I picked up over winter. The slow action took some getting used to, but the rod ended up doing the job.As typical, stocked trout were dispersed in just about any hole with 2 feet of water or more. Most fish came on small white streamers and bead head nymphs. Game warden stopped by and checked our license. A beautiful day to be out.

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
Re: Tobacco Glass
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 11:43:41 AM »
That's good stuff Brady!
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

toddro

• FishHead
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 02:51:54 PM »
That is a sweet looking rod!  I have an old, vintage, Scott 5pc. 5wt fiberglass rod I need to break out - I haven't fished it in a long time.  Nice pic!

"A passion for steelhead is a hard ride. It is all consuming. God help the woman, man, or child who hopes to compete for some small claim to the passion in the angler so stricken." Bill McMillan, Foreword- A Passion for Steelhead

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 03:52:50 PM »
Thanks for posting Brady. We might bring the yaks up that way next weekend.
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

Glenn Hawkins

• FishHead
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 10:03:34 PM »
Luv the red anodized reel seat. 8)  Thanks for sharing. ;)