Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Jeez  (Read 818 times)

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
Jeez
« on: March 02, 2021, 12:43:42 PM »
Since when does a fly rod cost $1100 to $1300.

https://239flies.com/products/g-loomis-asquith-shop?_pos=1&_sid=bb35ff129&_ss=r

I wasn't looking to buy but I did receive their flyer that they restocked and I looked out curiosity.  :o
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

jladdsmith

Re: Jeez
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2021, 07:21:57 PM »
Yep, it's overpriced, but it comes with a lifetime warranty! 

I once saw some wealthy dude drop several grand on the whole caboodle for himself and his son at that little shop on the Little Red near Cow Shoals.  I mean, like everything thrown at him, was a "if that's what we need", add it up.  Got a feeling that it was sort of a bucket list type of adventure for the pair.  Can't really fault the guy for making great decisions in life and then splurging on whatever he values.  It is silly, but if someone is willing to buy it, I'd sell it to him too. 

Kinda like that "travel" tying box (wood and brass suitcase) you graciously sold to me for almost nothing- whoever gave it to you as a gift thought you were worth it.  So you know, I have modified the crap out of it, and it remains one of my treasures from that era in my life.  And boy is it tough- ask my ex!

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
Re: Jeez
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2021, 08:35:33 AM »

Kinda like that "travel" tying box (wood and brass suitcase) you graciously sold to me for almost nothing- whoever gave it to you as a gift thought you were worth it.  So you know, I have modified the crap out of it, and it remains one of my treasures from that era in my life.  And boy is it tough- ask my ex!

That's awesome to hear!
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum