Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Trolling DHL in april, a fishing report  (Read 3467 times)

fishfindergeneral

• www.trolldhl.com
Trolling DHL in april, a fishing report
« on: April 13, 2009, 09:26:11 PM »
The fishing has been slow for me this spring w/ a the rain and rising levels.I've caught more smallies around 5 lbs than rainbows.This weekend wasn't much differant.We got six fish,sunday a 5lb bow and a 5lb smallie from the same spot.We also got so video footage of a high speed bass rig running over a nice smallie and cutting off half its tail fin and half its dorsal fin.I'm going to pt the video on youtube.  Dave

Dave   

fishfindergeneral

• www.trolldhl.com
Re: Trolling DHL in april, a fishing report
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 09:33:31 PM »
I tried to upload files but it said the upload file was full so I put them in my post....good luck
Dave   

bd

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 05:23:00 AM »
Nice fish! 

Did the bass boat run over your fish while you were bringing it in?  Unbelievable.

Btw I made a minor edit to your post to fix your links because they were running together.

bd

fishfindergeneral

• www.trolldhl.com
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 07:29:42 AM »
Thanks for the edit.....yes it did,we had it out on a planer board about 150 ft behind the boat and zoom
Dave   

jarrod white

• Jdub
  • Global Moderator
  • "I live because I fish, I work because I have to."
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 07:35:00 AM »
Sweet
I just don't care!

Gofisher

• FishHead
  • "Sometimes I just don't pay attention!"
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 07:45:26 AM »
Nice feesh! Glad to see someone getting out.
"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong."  John Gierach

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 07:55:48 AM »
Great fish as usual Dave. If you got the number on the boat I'd let TWRA have a look at the video.
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

jkilday4

• FishHead
  • One cast ... just one more ... 'n'then another ...
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2009, 08:54:00 PM »
Was looking at this and the Feb big bow thread & took a look at some of your fish photos on your photobucket account...WOW!  DHL is some kind of fishery - the smallies of course - but didn't know about the whopper bows and the musky fishing that can be done there plus walleyes.  Looks like you've got quite a few disciplines down-pat - very nice!